For Me…

a weekly, interactive, and reflective blog that is Short, Simple, and Meaningful – by Scott Rozman and you. 'For Me…' is For You!

For me, I make a difference in the world by…

Posted By on May 23, 2011

“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” – Aesop

“It’s easy to make a buck.  It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.” – Tom Brokaw

“It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that you cannot sincerely try to help another without helping yourself.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

THANKS for leaving a comment with YOUR reflection as well as sharing with others.  It makes a difference!  Have a great week, everyone!

Comments

12 Responses to “For me, I make a difference in the world by…”

1. Treya says:

…being a peaceful presence.

2. Miriam says:

…smiling to people, on the streets, in the trains, in elevators
    …being open to others and trying to keep an open mind with every new encounter
    …trying to inspire people, to get them to think about this world in a different way, just like others inspired me

3. Glory Gallo says:

Miriam and I are very like-minded!
    Helping often…and smiling always.
    And I try very hard to walk in other people’s shoes and remember
    that every face has a story and every story has a side.

4. Brenda says:

For me, I make a difference in the world by…

being there for others when they need encouragement and support.

continuing to educate myself so that one day, if and when I have children, they can be proud of my accomplishments.

not only teaching my students Spanish or English but also teach from my experience so they can find better ways to reach their goals with as minimal consequences as possible.

5. Deni says:

the most true and honest me that I can be. Even if I’m not that patient. Or focused. Because the me I am IS raw, and sensitive, and wounded, and all those things make me empathetic. And THAT makes a difference.

6. Nilsa says:

For me, I make a difference in the world by…

Being open and objective; not judging; being compassionate and empathic…and most importabtly, by motivating and inspiring others to see their limitless potential!!!

7. Jessica says:

For me,I make a difference in the world by…Being compassionate towards others. Always trying to help others when I can and encouraging them to be better!!! Also being objective and not following others when I don’t agree with what they say or do!!! I don’t mind standing alone if I’m standing up for what’s right!!

8. Maribel says:

I hope I’m making a difference. I’d hate to think I’m just taking up oxygen…. Frankly, I don’t think too much about how I make a difference in the world, unless I start to think about my own mortality, or someone I’ve made happy brings it to my attention. I treat people the way I like to be treated. I’m kind and generous, and very good at loving the special people in my life with reckless abandon. If that somehow makes a difference in the world, then, I think I’m doing good :)

9. Roberta says:

Being a good friend and a good person who is there if someone needs me.

10. Brenda G. says:

I believe it is important to play small every day, that the simplest, littlest things really are significant when coming from the heart, when it is authentic. Hard for me to pin point or list the things that make a difference. I like to think that we are all linked together, each contributing in small ways to make a bigger difference…one persons words, anothers actions, anothers song or poem makes a difference to the rest of us. When we link to another we make a more beautiful world. My part? Well, a very smart man has taught me the importance of making a positive difference in every interaction I have with people. To imagine that people are wearing a “make me feel special” sign around their neck. It may not make a difference in the world right now, but it may just make a huge difference in their world. And for me, being able to put a smile on someone’s face, possibly helping someone feel better about themselves….well, that makes a difference in my world :)

11. Sarita says:

I think just trying to be a good person makes a difference. Most of the time I think people make a difference in other peoples lives and they don’t even know it!! That is the best kind of difference I can think of :) Oh and I try and recycle :)